How do I Get a Pardon for my Marijuana Conviction?

Strictly speaking, there is no such thing as a "pardon" for a conviction in Canada. We used to have "pardons", but Stephen Harper's Government replaced  "pardons" with "suspensions of conviction" which are a lot harder to get and are not as good as a "pardon". It is still, however, a good idea to get a "suspension of conviction" as early as you can.

In the News on October 17, 2018, the Government of Canada has said that pardons will be available for people who have a conviction for simple possession of marijuana of 30 grams or less.

The new laws and regulations, to speed up the process and reduce the government filing fee, have not yet been passed but here are links where you can find more information at the government website about the current process:

What is a record suspension?

Record Suspension Self-assessment Tool

Tips for Completing a Record Suspension Application

How to Apply for a Record Suspension – Video

What are Canada's New Impaired by Drug DUID Driving laws?